Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life at the park

Well, our little girl is doing soo much these days, or maybe its me as a new fur mommy that sees everything in her. The other night, hubby and I were looking at her. She doesn't play with her toys or like treats. Her toys are usually on her crate and she spends most of her time in her bed in our bedroom. I decided to pull the "rope" toy and put it on her bed. I thought I was going to be able to play with her and the toy...nope. She will play with it by herself, as soon as we grab it, she lets it go. I try to tickle her nose with it, she doesn't even attempt to grab it.

Her most attached time to me is when we're at the doggy park. I think that is because I'm the only thing that's familiar to her. She plays with other dogs for a little while and then she detach from the pack and rides alone for some time until one of them goes to get her. She totally ignores the puppies that bark at her trying to get her to play. The only thing that I've noticed is that she gets jealous when other dogs try to play with me. She comes running to move them out of the way, but then she takes off again. Too funny.

She found her first plastic fork and crushed it on her bed. I think hubby was making dishes and let that one slipped to the floor. I was more concern of her choking on the thing, but apparently I got to her first. Hubby told me for the first time last week that he didn't know that having a dog would be this much responsibility. I really don't care. I totally love her and she's here to stay.

She's picked up on her eating. For the last two days, she has eaten twice in a day. Hubby filled her bowl in the am. When I got home from work it was totally clean. Then I filled it up when we came from the park. When I got up this morning, it was gone. She was soo tired last night,she didn't want to accompany me to pick him up.

That's were we are so far.

No comments: