Saturday, August 9, 2008

We made it, First week!

Our baby has been doing a lot better. Her tail is slowly coming out from between her legs. last night for the first time she came upstairs and slept with us in her bed, instead of the crate. This morning, she woke us up, letting us know it was time to take her out.

We are still struggling with food. She's only eating when hand fed. We have to basically be in a room w/her, no distractions and insist on her to eat. There are days when we have left it up to her and she has decided not to eat. For the moment, we've tried to make sure that she eats at least every other day, because even hand fed, she doesn't eat much.


Leash training is coming along. She still gets scare when anyone approaches us in our strolls. She's a speed walker. Her chest wounds have not healed, but she's been doing OK with just the collar and the leash. She hasn't tried to escape. She's getting the hang of the routine. Its hard for her to do anything if its not absolutely quiet. Hubby is more successful in his 1pm walk, than the 7am, because everyone is coming out of the houses to go to work and she doesn't take it too well. I do pretty good in mine. I take her around 9 pm. It's pretty dark and quiet, so it's not too much trouble.One week and still accident free. She has started to play with herself by rolling in the carpet chasing her paws....LOL


I'm working on teaching her how to sit. Since she doesn't do treats, I've been working with just praises. We're going out to start our weekend. I asked my husband if we were taking her with us. He said, absolutely! My only concern is that we're mostly going to be running errands so she's going to spend most of the time in the car and one of us would have to stay behind. We'll see how it all works out


River and hubby's relationship is improving. She still prefers me...(nobody tell my husband...LOL). In the last couple of days, he has been able to feed her, walk her, and somewhat play. It was him who got her to come up the stairs to our bedroom and jump on our bed. Everyday we're loving her more. Last night hubby and I had an argument. Conscious of her fears, we got her out of the room. She cried by the door and begged to be in. We let her in, she ran to my side and just cuddled me. I started crying because I saw how she was trying to comfort me knowing that I was upset.


I thank God everyday for my precious angels!

No comments: